- QuikBlade runners are manufactured from high-grade stainless steel. They are stamped and machined to ensure accurate sizing, then surface-ground and polished to the specified thickness before being laser etched with QuikBlade identification.
- The chassis are molded in one piece from an extremely durable polypropylene. The design of the QuikBlade chassis has been optimized to ensure exceptional stiffness, unsurpassed reliability and light weight using sophisticated Finite Element Analysis techniques. The configuration of the triangular openings in the front and back of the chassis has been optimized to provide additional torsional stiffness. This helps to reduce the flex of the chassis under your feet, and translates into enhanced performance on the ice.
- The QuikBlade chassis incorporates an industry standard mounting hole configuration, meaning that most skates can accept the QuikBlade system without additional drilling. Don’t worry if your skates have a different mounting pattern – most boots can be easily re-drilled to accommodate QuikBlade.
- The chassis is assembled with permanent stainless steel rivets, so there are no nuts or bolts that may loosen and fall out.
- Each QuikBlade incorporates a unique rotational latching system that secures a runner when in use, but enables it to be changed quickly. QuikBlade also incorporates a unique QuikLock Toe that locks the runner to the chassis’ front rivet with a cam lock action, thus eliminating any clicking of the runner when walking to and from the ice.
Runner Length Skate Boot Size Range 254 mm 6 and 6 1/2 263 mm 7 and 7 1/2 272 mm 8 and 8 1/2 280 mm 8 1/2, 9 and 9 1/2 288 mm 10 and 10 1/2 296 mm 11 and 11 1/2 306 mm 12 and 12 1/2