Returns & Warranties
Easy Return Policy
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item that you purchase from Thehockeydepot.com. If you are not satisfied with an item that you have purchased, you may return the unused product for a full refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping within 30 days.
All returned items must be unused, in New Condition and Resalable in original packaging. Hockeygiant.com does not take back items that have been used.
Our Standard Return policies do not apply to all items. For a list of exceptions to our Standard Return policies and instructions on how to return these particular items please read our Return Exceptions policy.
Please follow the instructions below to return an item to us:
- email email@example.com to get a RA#
- Pack the item(s) securely in the original product packaging, if possible. Please include all paperwork, parts, and accessories. All products must be returned in new, unused condition, to receive full credit.
- Please make note if you want a credit for the item or an exchange.
- Before sending your return shipment, please remove all extra labels from the outside of the package.
- Please do NOT apply shipment labels to the product package
All return shipping charges must be prepaid and are nonrefundable. If you are returning an item due to an error in shipping please call customer service first at 866-462-5391. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries.
- It is recommended that you ship your return with a method that provides you with a tracking number (ex: FedEx or UPS).
- Keep the Tracking Number for your return package to monitor delivery status.
- You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase, within 21 days of our receiving the returned order.
- Please note it may take up to 2 billing cycles to be seen on your paper statement with your credit card company.
- Credit for gift returns will be issued to the original purchaser.
- Refer to our "Damaged and Defective Items" section for information on returning damaged or defective items.
Please follow the same steps listed above for Returning an Item.
We understand that occasionally you will need to exchange an item for a different size, color or product. You will not be charged a restocking fee, but you will be charged the cost of shipping on the replacement item sent out to you.
As items sometimes sell quickly we recommend that you reorder your new size or product now, and then return the original item for a credit. The benefit of this method is that your new order will ship out immediately and hold the new item for you.
We work to process returns as quickly as possible. Most returns are processed within 3 days of delivery to our return facility. All credits for items returned will be put back on the original form of payment used. Your credit may take up to 10 business days for the credit card company to post the credit back to your account.
If an item was sent as a gift, the original purchaser will be issued the credit for the return. Credits will be given on new, unused items for the product cost and sales tax. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
If you receive a Damaged, Defective or Incorrect item, contact a Customer Service Agent within 7 days of delivery at 1-866-462-5391. Please have your order number ready when you call. We will make every attempt to help resolve this matter for you quickly and efficiently. Please do not return the item until you have spoken to a Customer Service Agent. We are not able to refund shipping costs to you if you return any items on your own. We will not be held responsible or accept returns if contacted more than 7 days after delivery.
Some items need to be shipped to the manufacturer for warranty issues. Our Customer Service team will advise if that is in fact the case.
Our Standard Return policies do not apply to all items. Exceptions to our Standard Return policies and instructions on how to return these particular items appear below.
Customized / Personalized Products
All sales are final for customized jerseys. These items cannot be returned. If an error occurred in your order process or packaging, please contact a Customer Service Specialist at 1.866-462-5391 as soon as you receive delivery.
- Mouthguards (unless factory sealed)
- Jock Shorts
- Compression Hockey Pants
Due to health regulations we are not able to take back the above items. Please verify sizing suggestions on our Sizing Charts or call a Customer Service Agent prior to making your purchase online.
Warranties for Merchandise, Sticks, Shafts
Stick and Shaft 30-Day Limited Warranty
At Thehockeydepot.com All One Piece Composite Sticks and Composite Shafts manufactured by Tron are covered by a 30-day limited warranty against manufacturer's defects only (Composite Blades, Wood/ABS Sticks, and Wood/ABS Blades are not covered under this warranty). This is a one-time replacement only. This warranty only covers damage and/or premature breakage caused by a manufacturer’s defect.
Thehockeydepot.com will replace any defective stick or shaft for a period of 30 days from date of delivery, under the following conditions:
1. You must provide the original receipt or proof of purchase.
2. The stick or shaft must be broken during normal, correct use.
3. The shaft and blade must not have been exposed to excessive heat or an open flame.
4. The stick wasn't used on a rough surface (excessive wear on the blade bottom does not constitute a manufacturer's defect.
Warranty coverage will be determined exclusively by the Employees/Managers of thehockeydepot.com. This warranty does not apply to Semi-Pro, College, or Pro level teams and players.
Warranty of TRON Products (excluding sticks, see above)
- All products manufactured by Tron Hockey have a 90-day limited warranty against manufacturer defects, similar to the sticks. This applies to all protective equipment (such as gloves, helmets, shin guards, etc.) and accessories (such as the inline puck and wheels). If you feel that your product is defective or doesn't perform as well as you felt it should, you can follow the same steps for obtaining an RA# as you would for the sticks. In the same way, we will visually inspect the product to determine whether or not the product is deemed replaceable under the warranty and was not subject to misuse. If we do deem a replacement necessary, Thehockeydepot.com will cover the shipping of the item to you. You must return the product at your own expense.
- Please indicate the order number if you have it. If you don't know your order number, please include your name and phone number we can reach you at. In the case of exchanges, you must pay $10.00 for any reshipment of items. This applies to any order which HockeyTron.com has fulfilled correctly. If you received an item which you did not order/we shipped incorrectly, please call us. In cases where we made an error, we can send you a prepaid label via e-mail for you to return the product to us. Again, Thehockeydepot will only pick up the shipping if we are incorrect in the items you receive. If the issue with your product is incorrect sizing, but we shipped the correct product you ordered, you must return them at your expense.
Return/Exchange Instructions for all products including sticks:
To return the stick, follow these steps:
1. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an RA#.
2. Once your RA# is issued, you have 14 to return the products to us.
3. All returns are at your expense unless thehockeydepot.com sent out the incorrect
4. Please include the original proof of purchase. We will contact you once we make our
determination as to whether or not your stick qualifies for a replacement under our
warranty if your are looking for a stick/shaft replacement.